Google Ads

Friday, January 1, 2021

Let's learn to fulfill!




'Tis the New Year Eve and I am still in a dilemma. What resolutions shall I make this year? What am I going to do this year? And how do I want my life to be, after this decade ends? These questions popping-up one after the other in my head make me feel so confused. 

A thought strikes my mind and I chuckle to myself. And this thought is about a very old trend... making new year resolutions but never really fulfilling them. This sounds so queer. We are all so ardent when it comes to celebrating this day. But we never think about all that will happen with us for the next 364 days. Some might say that it's good to stop thinking about the future for sometime and just enjoy the present. Yes it truly is! But then, why did we curse 2020 by calling it "the worst year" the entire humankind has ever faced? We celebrated the first day of 2020 with the same enthusiasm with which we're celebrating the first day of 2021. Then what makes us think that this year will be better? 

It is these resolutions and hopes that make us think so. For a minute, let us just stop doing everything else and think... We take such resolutions every year but we never completely fulfil them. Do we? Still they make us feel so much better. What if we really start trying hard to fulfill them. Life would be much more beautiful than we could even imagine! 

This year let's resolve to learn, love, forgive and try... Try until we finally succeed. Every other resolution is a counterpart of these and every dream starts from here. 

Let's learn, not just to resolve... But to fulfill!

                                               -Mahira


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Reader, welcome to The Pen Lovers! We are glad you are here. Do not forget to follow us. Thank you!